Friday, December 19, 2008

Inventory, Day 1

Quietly taking this all down. Wondering what I have and why. Committing to sight and smooth touch and short term memory.

In the bedroom -

blue bottle, a.k.a. incense burner, moon on the face of it, smells slightly of cedar

swirled blue and white oil burner, no wick or oil, hollow ball, simple form with panache, snowstorm in my cold bedroom

blue-green candle holder, smoky swirls, reminds me of getting high, something I never did with pot; drank way too much a few times, but I was so young and thought it mattered. . .

turquoise candle holder, angled sides, not smooth but box-like, thrift store find like most things, but can’t remember where or when, reminds me the breadth, and breath, of memory are short

glass plate, holds a constellation of Venus, stones, a deer hoof, and a purple mother with seeds of lavender, center of my altar

mirror with brass moon on the face, a magic piece, yes, I believe, no not losing it, a psychology one day, science will find its shape, no regrets in dragging me into the possibilities

cobalt blue pyramid, pentacle on the front door, opens to emptiness, find myself thinking of Isis, used to house amethyst, now empty again, filling up and emptying, how it is used

glass ball on silver stand, a crystal ball, rarely used for divination, more a cat toy, disappears for days, yet cats have no answers until one day, around the kitchen, put my foot out, stops rolling

melted glass necklace, hanging on the wall, around my neck a jungle and an ocean, Madagascar, Fiji, somewhere in the Pacific I’ve never landed, swimming in my throat, fifth chakra, afloat

bracelets in a drawer, hard candy, black and blue, broken from use, want to wear them again, must put them back together, glass and silver, frayed and unknotted clasp and body

two Carnival glass plates, pale green and blue, oily surfaces smooth to touch, raised knots along the edges, something lovely becomes practical, for my keys

glass goddess, new and blue, by hand, look of old Coke bottles, earliest image in the world, what holds us up, Mother Earth

the window, the face of prints and paintings, the mirror in the hall with candles on a spiral, what is balance, what is fragment

No comments: