Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Had a brief rendevous with the Mesa Thrift Store this morning and walked away with nothing. Find myself having serious cell phone conversations in these places a little too often for my taste. Need to stop answering the phone when I'm inside . . . some other writer could sneak up behind me and get a little too much information.

Thought about buying a red glass bottle with roses in the side. Have a serious glass fetish. When I was in England and Scotland a couple of years ago, went through the British Museum and several other museums looking specifically for glass exhibits. In Bath, at the Roman Baths, had serious glass envy . . . tiny intaglios, possibly from Roman rings, were part of one of the exhibits. . . really wanted to talk away with some of those small glass etchings in my pocket. No, I've never taken antiquities . . . hey, after all, I'm on the Demanding the Return of the Parthenon Marbles to Their Rightful Place group on Facebook.

Seeing Venetian glass in jewelry stores quite a bit these days . . . haven't bought any yet, but there's a necklace and a glass ring I keep thinking about. Then there's the melted glass necklace bought downtown the other day . . . the woman who made it told me she was thinking of the jungle and the ocean when she made it . . . it's like wearing sea glass and driftwood around my neck. Oh wow, that would be too cool . . . wonder if anyone has tried that.

Looking for curtains for my bedroom and livingroom. Always looking for gifts in the thrifts, too--have done really well this Christmas. A fuschia Prada pocketbook for a friend who will just flip out over it. She is always looking for those "Sex and the City" moments . . .

No comments: